TITLE: Application Expert
LOCATION: Mechelen, Belgium
DURATION: 2 months
Application Expert Resource Inventory Intelligence
• Education in information management or software engineering with strong knowledge of GeoICT or work experience within the GIS-industry of minimum 3 years
• Knowledge of principles and practices of cartography and geospatial data management
• Fields of expertise:
– SQL (specifically Oracle (Spatial) and PL/SQL)
– Powerbuilder knowledge/experience is a plus
• Knowledge of the following tools and platforms:
– PL SQL
– ArcGIS Enterprise – ArcSDE
– Bentley Microstation knowledge/experience is a plus
Role within the Resource Inventory Intelligence team:
• Responsible for the administration of existing enterprise GIS databases and the analysis, design, and creation of new databases.
• Co-works with GIS Developers and Systems Administrators to develop web-based mapping applications and other GIS solutions.
• Data modeling, database optimization, understanding and implementation of schemas, and the ability to interpret and write complex SQL queries.
• Proactively monitor systems for optimum performance and capacity constraints.
• Co-works with System Administrators to ensure all system tiers are synchronized between staging, production, and disaster recovery.
• Create and maintain documentation and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Define, recommend, and develop database standards, including ensuring that all enterprise data meets the minimum metadata requirements.
• Develop process improvements and automation, where appropriate.
• Applications area: Marlin, Tandem, Geotev