Senior Application (Broadcast) Engineer
TITLE: Senior Application (Broadcast) Engineer
LANGUAGES: English, French, Dutch
DURATION: 12 months
Team accountability scope
Technology is responsible for:
· Deliver, manage & operate the technology enabling business Content. Fuel Pickx, efficiently thanks to the intelligent use of technology, automation, processes and expertise.
· Manage the change process & project implementation to deliver in line with needs raised (business or technology evolution) reliably
· Manage the service level, knowledge and processes to make effective use of the technology and know-how
Applications & solutions
· Plan, Define, build*, manage & operate the infrastructure adapted to needs & use. Leverage Group expertise & agreements. Robustly built & professionally managed
o intervention planning
o Proactive & reactive maintenance
o Configuration etc
o Managing knowledge
As ‘Senior Application (Broadcast) Engineer’ you bring expertise and a hands-on approach for implementing and troubleshooting applications and broadcast systems. You act as 2nd line to resolve most complex Application issues. You work closely with project requestors (like innovation), project management, internal users, external parties and the technology team. You take a leading role in defining solutions where the centre of gravity lies within nd make sure that needs are well expressed and understood in order to propose the most impactful & beneficial solutions within means (time/budget). You seek always for future-proof solutions that fit into the environment and consider ease of operations and support. You contribute to projects where the centre of gravity lies liaising in the same collaborative fashion with colleagues from Content, PSI, ETR, TEC, Project Management and other impacted/impactful teams.
Responsible for the correct proactive and reactive maintenance, so as to assure no outage to the services which operate on 24×7 and 16×7 mode depending on the area. Contribute to Technology roadmap.
Is responsible for rapid interventions in case of unforeseen issues to enable the teams to deliver programs to antenna.
Your responsibilities are:
Is the ultimate on site responsible for all applications to enable an optimal use of resources and servers to enable o operate at extremely competitive media handling rates.
Is responsible to instruct and form the junior Application staff and educate users in correct use of systems. (train the trainer = superuser in team)
Being a key advisor about the facilities strategy in an integrated way within the global E2E content exploitation facilities and strategy.
Accountable for system design and implementation following industry best practices, high availability
Responsible for root cause analysis to get beyond symptoms of mission critical service interruptions
Ensure all equipment is properly in service, following maintenance best practices, is in optimal condition, resilient/redundant and can be relied upon.
Interacts with suppliers, is key in the definition of scope, actively participates in negotiations with suppliers so as to ensure resources are wisely spent.
Be ready to support during the lives (night and weekend work) for launches an d special planned activities
– Superb knowledge in broadcast/audio-visual technology.
Bachelor, electronics or IT section and / or equivalent experience and hands on broadcast technical experience (5~10 years)
– Strong technical knowledge within the broadcast chain and latest international standards. Ideally within live production, control & monitoring.
Experience with video over IP (SMPTE 2022, 2110),
broadcast IT-workflows, including video files MAM systems and integrations
streaming’(H264-H265),encoding (codecs, wrapper), is advantageous
– Manage backend distribution channels for live broadcasts
– Maintained production machinery and computers to support live broadcasts.
– Provided technical support, and engineering for studio operations.
– Create the technical planning for live events
– Video encoding/transcoding system configuration in relation to MAM systems and video-file workflows
– Demonstrable theoretical and practical knowledge of audio and video broadcast systems including both analogue and digital platforms.
– Result driven
You take initiative and have a hands-on mentality are a problem solver & stress resilient
– Stress resilient
– Good Time Management
– Take responsibility and decisions
– Customer and Quality focus
– You are a team player and can work individually as well
– Good communication and negotiation skills
– Fluent in English and capable of communicating in French or Dutch
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– You share willingly your technical expertise
– Curious, eager to learn new technologies and a quick learner
– Rigorous and Autonomous
– Ingenious and resourceful
– Motivated, self-driven, persistent personality.
General additional information
core activities ask for particular agility, cross-functionality and close collaboration. Also, our Company mindset values impact-seeking.
Therefore, it is structurally expected that each collaborator integrates up to 20% of their working time to support hierarchically or matrix-style assigned tasks, according to their individual skills and expertise, on a conjunctural or structural basis.
The above-described scope thus frames the extend of tasks that you will be expected to deal with as per the function, from 80 to 100% of your work time.