Website Onesource Consulting
Purpose of the Mission (project & department description)
The project manager is responsible for leading a project (part of a bigger program) from its inception to execution. This includes planning, execution and managing the people, resources and scope of the project. Project managers must have the discipline to create clear and attainable objectives and to see them through to successful completion. The project manager has full responsibility and authority to complete the assigned project.
The project manager position is open to support on a Digital deployment program in the Technical R&D department. This program will last till end of 2021.
The Project Manager is responsible for development and management of project plans that result in integrated delivery of a cross functional project at or above the established quality, timeline and budget expectations in partnership with the appropriate stream lead.
The Project Manager will ensure appropriate initiation, planning and tracking of timelines, budget, resources, risks and scope, recommending alternative strategies to keep the project within thresholds or ensuring escalation to appropriate program manager, project team and governing bodies if necessary.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
• Ability to direct large projects, manage different project phases and coordinate project team. Responsibility for complex projects and assistance to project management and client.
• Responsible for obtaining optimal results on completion of project achieving quality, performance, cost and scheduling requirements required in the specifications.
• Has specialized technical or practical expertise in one or more areas and knowledge of project management software and method.
• He will also be the first point of contact for questions and querries coming from GSK Vaccines non-IT R&D department and other IT teams with regards to the TRD Digital program. Collaborating with external partnes will be also part of the day-to-day job. He will be in charge of relaying the question to the other team members and if it is in their area of expertise or reach out to the team technical experts or line management to answer the questions and fulfil the requests.
• He will be in charge of business requirements collection with business counter parts and end-users in the context of projects, drive technical specifications and design definition with the IT technical experts, coordinate realisation phase, coordinate dry-runs and testing with the business and external partners, drive and participate to validation and cut over plan activities to deliver the product to production environment to end-users.
Experience, Knowledge & Soft Skill Requirements
• Experience in Agile project management is a plus but not mandatory
• Consultant is expected to follow and apply project management methodologies, tools and practices
• Having already worked in a pharmaceutical R&D environment is a plus in terms of understanding the pharmaceutical industry constraints notably in terms of controls and validation
• Having worked closely with IT server Operations team is a plus.