Business analyst WEB
Website OneSource Consulting
TITLE: Business analyst WEB
LOCATION: 9000 Gent, Belgium
LANGUAGES: Dutch, English
Description of this challenge
Client is looking for a senior business / functional web analyst with knowledge of websites, web technology and user experience, who is in direct contact with the client to capture the needs. He / she is responsible for the analyzes and choices in the various IT projects that the Client realizes for the city of Ghent, OCMW Ghent, the Centrum Hulpverleningszone, the Police Zone Ghent and other organizations within the Group Ghent. You translate the needs of the customer into a business analysis that you illustrate with the necessary wireframes and process drawings.
You can distinguish main from side issues and can estimate yourself what level of detail is important (for developers). During the development process you are in daily contact with the project manager, developers and tester (s). You answer large and small functional questions.
You test the developments and check whether they comply with the functionalities that are required before this is presented to the customer.
As a senior business analyst you help guide the choices that the Client makes in web technology and in digital communication and services. This way you help determine the electronic face of the group. You have the functional knowledge to further develop the websites and digital services of Group Ghent and to remain at the forefront of new forms of communication, for example by following the trends in this landscape.
Together with colleagues from Groep Gent and the UX employee, you determine the vision in the above domains and follow up on the development. You give direction to project leaders in the realization of web projects and you support developers in building them.
You stay informed of the latest evolutions and you take the initiative to communicate your insights throughout the different organizations.
You test the technological possibilities with their economic feasibility, user-friendliness and integration into the Customer environment.
You form the bridge between the business and the project team, translating the business needs into concrete solutions and specifications.
You write vision documents, detailed analyzes and studies, make mock-ups and wireframes.
Usually you work in parallel on different projects, in different project phases.
Diploma and professional qualifications (30%)
• You have a master’s degree.
• You have at least 7 years of experience with business and functional analysis and analysis techniques.
Competences and experience (30%)
• You can contribute ideas on a conceptual level and you propose the most suitable technical solutions. You can ask specific questions and listen actively.
• You are very communicative and can communicate clearly and fluently, both orally and in writing, tailored to your discussion partners.
• You can work constructively and professionally with colleagues throughout the organization and enjoy working in a team.
• You have a broad knowledge of platforms and technologies in the internet domain. More recently, this includes marketplaces / web shops.
• You have an affinity with the ease of use and usability of web applications.
• You are familiar with the ‘mobile first’ principle.
• You have a good view of evolutions and trends in a rapidly changing world of digital communication and services, and you also monitor them. You have experience with analysis in function of Service Oriented Architecture.
• You have a healthy drive and take initiative to tackle problems. Because of your sense of responsibility, you do not rest until a solution gives satisfaction.
• You have experience with scrum and agile methodology.
• You are familiar with Confluence and Jira.
• You are eager to learn and you keep your (technological) knowledge up-to-date, including search optimisations.
• You work in a project-based and flexible manner, with the necessary sense of quality.
• You think analytically and can distinguish detail from essence.
• You are perfectly capable of developing relevant physical and / or virtual cross-enterprise knowledge networks in the short term that contribute efficiently and effectively to the chosen solution processes.
• You will end up in a Drupal environment, experience with Drupal development processes or other CMS systems is a plus.
• The City of Ghent is strongly committed to (linked) open data, prior knowledge of this and the semantic web is a plus.
Requested work regime
Full-time / part-time (to be discussed)