Media Services CDN Integration Engineer
Website OneSource Consulting
TITLE::Media Services CDN Integration Engineer
The client is looking for a Content Delivery Network (CDN) integration engineer, who will support us to meet our Velocix CDN deployment timelines.
• Documenting and organising expert training on High Level Design and Low Level Design of the Velocix CDN solution.
• Build and maintain a Velocix performance testing/validation platform based on Spirent CS100 load generator.
• You will create a framework for testing and validation of new software releases and new features on the Velocix CDN5.x.
• You will lead the testing and validation of new software/features.
• You will perform Velocix software release upgrades on delivery and backend systems (UMS/I and eDA).
• You will increase the knowledge of the Support/Operation teams by writing detailed method and procedures of the release upgrades.
! Your competences: !
• Helicopter view on the CDN market with a strong technical background on Velocix CDN product.
• Proven track record in High and Low Level Designs on Velocix CDN with deep integration in existing Digital Right Management (DRM) and backend systems.
• Expert in Velocix G2 rule setup/review to further optimise deployment and maintaining G2 ruleset to match the changing network and applications requirements.
You are skilled in the following technical domains:
• TV streaming:
Expertise in Video Container as Base Media File Format, Transport Stream.
Video delivery via UDP, RTP, RTSP, HTTP Video transport over MPEG transport stream, HTTP Live Streaming, MPEG-DASH.
Natural interest in Television & media content streaming technologies Good understanding of Digital Rights Management.
Interest and ability in experimenting new protocols Experience in OTT video delivery with thorough understanding of CDN working.
• TV backend:
Understanding of component such as Subscriber Management Systems, Content Management System, concept of Mediator and capability to understand Applications workflows.
Understanding of Storage Architecture and experience with different connectors: NFS, FTP.
• ICT skills:
Ability to understand and to develop basic script, knowledge of Bash, Python of similar Web tools.
Experience with LAMP. Understanding with practical experience of datacentre environment including cloud computing foundations.
Virtualization, Containerization, Platform as a service like OpenShift, knowledge of ICT standards/procedures/release management/technical activities.
• Network Skills:
High-Level network knowledge with an experience in designing and ability to identify workflows.
• IP Unicast & Multicast protocols.
• Dynamic routing protocols as ISIS, BGP, OSPF.
• Network routing & configuration.
• Load balancing technologies (F5, Viprion).
• Network configuration based on NxOS IP & TCP services including DNS, HTTP workflows.
• Ability to document designs in Microsoft Visio is a plus.
• Team player, collaboration comes naturally • Solution oriented • Out of the box thinking • Well-respected and influential • Able to effectively use the whiteboard • Good at “helicoptering”
• English is a must, French or Dutch is optional • Flexible and able to cope with stress • Agile Product owner capability is a plus