Website OneSource Consulting
TITLE: Java Developer
DURATION; 12 months
We look for a Senior Java Developer/Technical Lead who will manage a team of 2 java developers, contribute to the technical analysis and participate to the development too. Your focus is the correct technical setup and behavior of the platforms in use Request Management System. As a technical lead you are responsible for the analysis and impact assessment of functional requirements and give solution guidance to the team (2 developers).
• You work closely together with domain architects and functional analysts towards a solution based on requirements provided by the business.
• You analyse and assess the impact of functional requirements and give solution guidance to teams in your domain.
• You look for creative and simple solutions and you provide clear, structured documentation to development and operations teams.
• You aim for automation and self-healing solutions, reducing the user impact and manual workload.
• You make project estimates and identify impact on IT Application
• You define and explain a detailed technical solution model to the development teams.
• You oversee the development of the technical solutions.
• You explain the implemented functional requirements to the operations team, so that accurate analysis and solving can be done in case of issues.
• You keep track of the strategic evolution of the platforms in scope and evaluate the business value for Proximus of new and upcoming technologies and provide suggestions for further evolution towards the vendors Management.
• You will be also part of the development team when situation will require
Degree & Experience:
• You have a bachelor or master degree (preferably in an IT related domain) or equivalent by experience.
• You have profound experience in implementing new projects in a complex IT environment.
• You have knowledge of UML, DevOps and agile development (Scrum) principles & methodologies, continuous integration and automated test & build as well as Microservices, SOA, REST SOAP and RDBMS.
• Functional knowledge of the domain and data model standards like eTOM or SID is considered as an asset.
• As technical lead you need to have experience in the technologies listed below or be able to acquire them in a reasonable time frame:
• Java 8 or higher
Nice to have:
• µService architecture
• Event Driven Architecture
• Service Oriented Architecture
• Couchbase SDK (Spring Data)
• Sprint Boot (2)
• Spring Cloud
• Security (HTTPS)
• Logging – EFK
• Kafka knowledge (broker, consumer, provider)
• You are analytical and assertive, customer- and solution-oriented.
• You are optimistic, solution oriented, creative with an open mind.
• Customer centricity is part of your nature.
• You value communication and collaboration with others.
• You have a learning attitude.
• Good knowledge of English is mandatory (both oral and written). French and/or Dutch is an advantage.