Agile Product Manager (Fiber)
Website OneSource Consulting
Position Title: Agile Product Manager (Fiber)
Languages: Dutch, French, English
Duration: 6 Months
· Client is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Product Manager (PM) to guide the direction of our FIBER Design platform.
· This Product Manager will work on one of the largest, most complex products supporting the accelerated FIBER roll-out and drives significant industrialization and innovation.
· As PM you will develop a vision and roadmap for the FIBER design product. You will be responsible for communicating that vision to all Stakeholders, Product Owners and development teams.
· You will responsible for and own the product direction and product features from concept to delivery of value to end-user.
· As PM you will be the “voice of all customers”. You will create, maintain and prioritize the platform/program backlog of customer features.
· These features will be measurable customer outcomes which will maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all customers.
· The PM will need to work with architects, project management, product marketing and development teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release.
· As PM you understand both the engineering and business side of the product release.
· The PM has a Lean-Agile focus on delivering the right Solutions to customers with the highest quality in the shortest lead times.
Role & Responsibilities
· You constantly communicate towards your Product Owners, Solution Management and the VPT’s, you understand the needs of the customer and participate in ceremonies to validate the proposed solution and the delivery
· You are responsible to create a clear purpose based on the client overall strategy and constantly assess them on changing market conditions for your Agile Release Train(s)
· Understand and support Portfolio work. Understand Budget parameters for the upcoming fiscal period, understand how Strategic Themes influence the strategic direction and work with Epic Owners to develop the business case for Epics that affect their ART
· You are responsible for developing and communicating the vision and roadmap to development team.
· You own and drive Feature definition and delivery end to end, ensuring that we develop and deliver value for the business
· You illustrate how Features are intended to be implemented over time (by also collaborating with Solution Architect)
· You manage and prioritize the flow of work into the FIBER Program backlog
· You manage and prioritize the flow of work through the program Kanban and into the program backlog. Make sure enough “ready” Features are in the backlog at all times with their proper Acceptance Criteria. Backlog is prioritized based on WSJF prior to each PI Planning session
· You actively participate in PI planning to state the product vision along with features and important milestones
· You are responsible of PI objectives and establish priorities of the features
· You define the release and program increments, and work closely with Release Management team to plan when the product can be released if enough value is ready to be released to customers
· You actively participate in bi-weekly System demos and final demos at PI level and any Inspect & Adapt sessions
· You perform assessments to understand the business value delivered versus plan using different metrics
Experience & expertise
· University degree, or equivalent by experience
· At least 5 to 10 years of experience in business or technical function (ideally a product management role within an Agile IT development context, project manager, functional analyst, business analysis).
· Has been part of a large Program Delivery driving the business requirements.
· Strong business background. Understand and assess customer’s needs.
· Strong business background: demonstrated ability to collect user feedback and understand current and future customer needs
· Strong communication skills: able to involve and engage people around a common vision. Able to communicate effectively with people from different backgrounds (business and technical)
· You are a real team player able to listen and gather feedback from team members and multiple stakeholders
· Organizational and analytical skills: able to see the big picture of the product’s vision and keep an eye for the detail
· Able to manage vision and purpose
· Ability to work in a large company
· Fluent in English, French & Dutch.
· Customer, solution and improvement minded
· Pro-active and can-do attitude
· Problem Solving
· Conflict Management
· Communication skills
· Knowledge of SAFe, Design Thinking and ADKAR principles