Job Title: Solution Architect
The Solution Architect is responsible for supporting the Enterprise Architecture with (ICT) solutions. These solutions are part of the deliverables of those driving the direction of development, in line with the management of portfolios of solutions. With this approach, you want to achieve targeted business results and respond to disruptive forces. Solutions encompass the whole of systems (applications, technologies, processes, roles, data and information) with shared infrastructure and application services, and this for all domains: Finance and ICT, HR, Marketing and Mobility, Operations, Technology, Strategy, Supply Chain Management, and Staff services.
As a Solution Architect, you have a healthy dose of leadership and you analyze and design solutions in line with the vision of solution strategy (enterprise architecture) for the portfolio of both the TO BE and the AS-IS situation.
Finally, as a Solution Architect, you find it important to recommend technology solutions that are deployed to realize future ecological, social, and business-responsible opportunities. In this context, you always monitor the mission of the client during the execution of your assignment:
• wants to be the smart travel companion for journeys throughout Flanders.
• is close to its travelers with an extensive range of sustainable and high-quality transport solutions where safety, reliability and efficiency are central.
• is an important discussion partner of the Flemish authorities for the development of mobility policy and thus supports economic, ecological and social development.
• creates a stimulating and respectful work environment so that our friendly and competent employees are our ambassadors.
• This contributes to a Flanders that is easily accessible and where life is pleasant.
Your assignment consists of determining which technical capabilities are required as well as designing and documenting the detailed application architecture. You will then accompany the roll-out of these capabilities.
To be clear: within this application, we are not looking for a technical architect specialized in infrastructure.
The Solution Architect develops the technical solution for the implementation of the business requirements. For this, the Solution Architect works together with Business SPOCs and Analysts. Finally, the Solution Architect consults with the Enterprise Architect to determine whether and how the technical solution fits within the guidelines of the particular Enterprise Architecture.
While the Business Analyst maps out WHAT the business requirements are, the Solution Architect determines HOW this question of business technology is solved.
The Solution Architect works across domains, which means that all domains are covered.
The main tasks of the Solution Architect consist of:
– Determining the technical solution for the implementation of the requested business requirements;
– Participate in the business workshops and consultation moments with the aim of participating in capturing these business requirements;
– Discuss whether and how the technical solution fits within the guidelines of the particular enterprise architecture;
– Elaboration of the solution in Sparx Enterprise Architect, according to the guidelines determined by;
– Being alert for and identifying dependencies or dependencies that (possibly) impact the technical solution;
– Provide technical support during the implementation (or development) process and roll out:
– Watch over the correct implementation of the chosen solution;
– Provide technical assistance to the involved project manager, product owner and / or scrum master by monitoring risks and
– Participate in Communities of Practice.