Title: Project Manager
Languages: French and English
Nature of the tasks
• Give proposals for project strategies, planning, definition of tasks and deliverables, review of project deliverables, quality control, risk analysis and management, status reports, problem reporting and management systems, follow up and organisation.
• Guide the team in charge of project activities and review their deliverables.
• Participate in functional working groups and progress meetings.
• Estimate timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed terms of reference.
• Monitor timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
• Prepare and maintain project and quality plans and track activities against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports.
• Manage the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project sponsors.
• Provide effective leadership for the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and constantly developing their skills and experience
• Participate in coordination and project meetings and project management office
• Participate and moderate meeting with business and IT stakeholders
• Participate in communication activities to bring OPSYS to beneficiaries (Hands on sessions, live demos on stands, presentations in units meetings and training sessions)
• Contribute to the definition and drafting of training materials for OPSYS (and other IT tools if needed)
Knowledge and skills
• Leadership capability, proven experience in team management
• Experience in project management
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven experience in creating and providing presentations in English and French
• Excellent writing skills in English and French
• Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings
• Use of project management tools e.g. MS Project
• Practical knowledge of reporting methods
• Experience in HR business process analysis and reporting in areas of workload assessment, talent management and staff selection and recruitment in public administration domain
• Ability to apply high-quality standards to all tasks
• Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self- starting capability and experience in working in a team, understanding the needs, objectives, and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions
• Knowledge of RTC, Jira and Confluence
• Experience in change management related to the introduction of new information systems to end users
• Experience in the management of e-learning projects
• Good knowledge of learning management systems, e-learning authoring tools, and virtual classroom tools to be used in the context of development cooperation.
• Knowledge of project lifecycle management and public procurement procedure in the cooperation development field
Skills considered as an asset
• Project experience in the international cooperation and development field
• Knowledge of procedures applicable in the international cooperation and development field
• Knowledge of the Programme & Project Cycle Management methodology (PPCM)
• Knowledge of the EC’s Financial Regulation and its implementation rules within DEVCO
• Knowledge of EC financial tools (ABAC)
• Knowledge of Grant Management Suite EC system (SYGMA/COMPASS)
• Knowledge of the financial transparency initiatives for internal and external stakeholders in multilateral organisations (e.g. IATI)
• Experience in stakeholder management for inter-institutional and inter-DG projects
• Team spirit
• High degree of initiative; self-starting capability
• Service-oriented mindset
• Stress resilience
• Good communicator
• Team management ability