Title: Application Architect
Duration: Long Term
Languages: English, French(Asset)
The contractor will provide an Application Architect
with expertise in the architectural design and development of web applications
These projects cover:
• Management and implementation of directives and policies;
• Support of and interface to enterprises and SME’s;
• Financial management, reporting and monitoring of financial transactions;
• Contractual management;
• Control of business processes and workflows;
• Database management;
• Document and content management;
• Human resources;
• Interface and data exchange with Commission’s applications and Information Systems
The main technologies used within the DG are Java, Drupal, ColdFusion, PHP and Angular.
The Information Systems unit of DG Growth is looking for an Application Architect, of minimum level 1 and maximum level 5, specialised in web applications development, in the architectural design of web applications.
The Application Architect may work on different PHP/Angular projects managed by the Information Systems for Growth unit.
Nature of tasks
• Architecture and design of web applications
• Review of the architecture of existing systems
• Design and development of architecture components and building blocks
• Production of software architecture documents
• Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
• Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting
Knowledge and skills
• Very good knowledge of web application design and development
• Very good knowledge of Object Oriented architecture
• Very good knowledge of Relational DBMS
• Very good knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service oriented bus)
• Very good knowledge of security best practices in web development
• Good knowledge of modelling tools
• Good redaction skills.
• Ability to give technical presentations.
• Ability to apply high quality standards
• Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
• Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills.
• Proven ability to integrate in an international/multicultural environment Education
Master’s level or 5 years of higher education or an equivalent number of years of IT professional experience
• Minimum 5 years of IT professional experience
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in development of information systems with Angular
• Very good experience with relational databases
• Very good experience with web application development
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in architecture and design of information systems
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Symfony or Laravel;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in developing secure web applications
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Object Oriented and Model-View-Controller (MVC) methodologies;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the development of graphical user interfaces
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with HTML5, CSS, SCSS/SASS, and responsive design methodology;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in development of web services or interoperability solutions
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with JIRA/GIT
• Available within a three months’ time frame. Experience in Symfony or Laravel
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to analyse complex documents
• Ability to follow and interpret Internal procedures and standards
• Ability to work with imposed deadlines
• Ability to work independently on specific tasks while at the same time functioning as a member of a project team.
• Fluent in English and/or French
Proximity Time and Means:
Proximity Time & Means orders (PTM) are executed at the Service Provider’s premises (or agreed premises) located in the proximity of the location of delivery (i.e. less than 20 km from the Commission’s offices).
Equipment and internet access has to be provided by the Service Provider.
• Monthly timesheets
• Progress reports of the different tasks to be annexed to the quarterly timesheets
• Final report to be submitted with the last invoice, including a description of the work carried out and the results obtained during the execution of the specific contract